PCB123 Newsletter – April 2015
APRIL 2015 PCB123® Newsletter
Welcome to the April 2015 edition of the PCB123 newsletter! This month we have a number of powerful-but-subtle items to share with you. The biggest news is our release of Version 5.2.0. We’re very excited about this version because it boasts some of the most significant improvements in graphical rendering speed we’ve ever accomplished. Here’s a video to show you just how much faster 5.2 now is! Also in this issue, Sal Hernandez brings great information about using and understanding PCB123’s powerful in-tool DRC checks. As always, we hope you find this information useful and helpful. We always appreciate suggestions from readers on topics to cover here. Don’t hesitate to send us your suggestions.
Get the Most out of PCB123
This month, we are highlighting some of the more common discussion threads from the PCB123 forum regarding layout editing.
- PCB123 DRC warning – Warning: Non-plated hole too large. Reduce to 150 mils or order Full Feature.
- Understanding the component overlap warning
- Pad to Pad spacing DRC
- Understanding the isolated pin error message
These are just a few of the helpful tips found in the Sunstone forum. Use it to lean on your colleagues and the experts at Sunstone, and find the guidance you need. We encourage you to visit and participate in our user forum today.
What’s New at Sunstone?
New Case Study! Check out our new library of customer Case Studies and see what two PCB123 users recently had to say!
Do You Know the Power of PCB123?
PCB123 is a free-distribution*, industrial strength CAD tool, complete with tightly-integrated layout design and schematic capture, 3D modeling of the design, and a sophisticated parts Bill of Materials tool. PCB123 provides a library of over 750,000 ready-to-use parts. Many of these parts include Digi-Key part numbers so you can check pricing and availability through our Live BOM feature. PCB123 is easy to use and trusted by both hobbyists and professionals. PCB123 users can be found at institutions like: MIT; Qualcomm; Intel; and Honeywell. Visit the PCB123 page to learn more.
*Why do we make the tool free to use? Because not all PCB designers have access to the funds needed to buy a PCB CAD tool. And just because a PCB CAD tool is free to use, doesn’t mean it’s easy to turn that design into fabricated boards at a fair price. Sunstone offers both through PCB123 and our PCBexpress board service. Send us your fab files from any CAD tool and we can build it for you; need a CAD tool? That shouldn’t stop you – use ours for free.
Your complete PCB123 order will ship from Sunstone to meet the expected delivery date or we will automatically refund your money, plain and simple.
- Industry leading prototype PCB solutions provider for over 40 years
- Easiest online quoting & ordering in the industry
- Real 100% on-time, money back guarantee
- Best overall quality, value and competitive pricing
- Customer support staff available via phone and online, 24/7/365
- Design for Manufacturability Tool: DFMplus
- Fully supported and free PCB123® design software
- Integrated assembly services
- Free ground shipping
- PCBs as low as $28 with ValueProto®
- Expanded capabilities through Custom Quote